Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Color of the veggie rainbow


They say your plate should be an array of colors to get all your nutrients.  This article from livestrong actually suggests using the veggie rainbow.  While I didn’t have an entire rainbow, my lunch was only missing the blue/purple segment.  I had red, white, yellow and green with my zucchini, squash, tomatoes, onions, garlic and red and yellow peppers.  Yum!  Not a single preservative or drop of oil.  Fresh from the garden to a pan and into my tummy.  I paired it up with my favorite baked tilapia and I have a very happy tummy.  What fruit and veggie colors have you had today?  As skittles say, taste the rainbow!  I’m just suggesting you try it my way instead of their pure sugar variety. 

http://www.livestrong.com/article/262977-nutrition-fruit-and-vegetable-colors/


No comments: