Monday, August 20, 2012

Fair 1, Lyndee 0


I made it out to the Iowa State Fair on the last day.  It was perfect weather and a good time with great friends.  We spent about 7 hours there walking around and enjoying a Boyz II Men concert.  Yes, Wanye Morris still makes me heart go pitter-patter.  I did partake in some bad fair food.  A tenderloin, my favorite fried cheese curds, a gyro and a rice krispy bar on a stick.  The good news is that I had over 19,400 steps and walked 8.3 miles.  I climbed approximately 15 flights of stairs or the equivalent of the statue of liberty.  When you put it like that, it sounds like I was way more productive than I thought.  It was probably not enough activity to work off all the bad food but definitely better than not moving around at all.  Next year I will skip the tenderloin and go with the gyro and cheese curds.  I will also skip the free sample of 5 hour energy and the endless diet mountain dews that kept me awake most of last night.  Props to our friend Sarah who was courageous enough to try the fried butter on a stick.  She said it was amazing and tasted kind of like a cinnamon roll.  I kept staring at it thinking fat and calorie content.  Sometimes my brain is no fun. 

I knew that we were going to get home from the fair late and that I would be tired so before we left I made sure to prepare healthy lunches, breakfast and snacks for the week.  I'm trying out a new breakfast bake this week and will let you know how that turns out. I knew taking the time to do that would ensure I could not be lazy and continue my crappy eating into this week.  It’s a new week and I feel like I need to recommit in a big way.  So hello Monday, let’s see if we can make this a stellar week food and activity wise.  I have been using my fitbit the last few days and so far, I’m loving it.  I think it’s helped me to feel a bit renewed on this journey and I’m enjoying earning badges and fun motivators online.  Sometimes it’s the little things that make my day.  It’s like having a victory journal that I don’t have to write in.  The program points out when I accomplish good things.  Thank you fitbit and loseit for the little pats on the back to keep me going.

I’m looking forward to getting my butt kicked at Warrior tonight.  I can’t believe there are only a few weeks of the program left.  I’m still waiting to hear when our segment will air on the Channel 13 news but promise to let everyone know when I find out.  Today, my challenge to you, is to get a little crazy and make one small change towards healthy living.  Just one.  I’m not asking that much. Log your food, plan your meals for the week, cut out a processed dinner, walk a few extra stairs or get away from your desk over lunch and get your blood pumping.  Anything that makes you happy.  We’re all in this together, right?  Motivate, dominate, destroy my friends.  What have we got to lose? 

Yesterday's fitbit stats

Sarah enjoying butter on a stick


No comments: