Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Life is a beach


Oh my goodness my calves are tight.  They hurt a little bit yesterday but today they are burning with every step I take.  No wonder the Olympic beach volleyball players have the best legs I have ever seen.  My Monday workout was only an hour of running and exercise in the sand pit and they practice and play in that stuff all day long.  I love the sand.  *Insert visions of my Biggest Loser Resort hikes along the beach in Malibu here* But that was a nice two hour hike, not suicides, sprints, jump squats, lunges and more.  I did a double workout last night trying to loosen them up a bit but apparently, I made it worse.  Total bummer. Might need to go scarf down a banana or something before Warrior tonight and hope that helps.  I certainly don’t want to be limping around when WHO-TV is filming us.  I gotta be tough! I have not felt very tough lately, mentally or physically so it’s time to get my game face on.  Where is that fire that raged so bright within me a few months ago?  I’m just looking to get a little spark back.  That’s all it would take to light the inferno again.  It’s amazing how long it takes to revamp your life to healthy living and how quickly one can backslide back into the abyss.  I feel it should definitely be the other way around, but alas, no one asked me for my opinion.  I’m breaking out some of my Biggest Loser Recipes tonight and hoping that will help get me back on track.  It may be time for a clean eating cleanse as well. 

If you haven’t seen any of the pieces WHO has done with Molly and I in the past, here are two links. I can’t find the original story they did on us (another total bummer) but here is a follow up and the story they did about my winning the Year of You contest.  As soon as I know when the new one will air, I will be sure to spread the word.  It will be a Tuesday night during the 5 pm news but sometimes it takes a few weeks to get it on the tube.  Have a wonderful hump day and remember to fan your fire!






No comments: