Monday, August 27, 2012

LeMars Triathlon


I tried to make the tri work but due to circumstances beyond my control, I will not be able to participate in the LeMars triathlon this year.  No, I wasn’t ready physically and hadn’t been training like I should but I’m still sad because I will miss this opportunity to share this with Molly again this year.  Also because I wanted to meet Mom On The Rocks! I’m hoping next year I can compete again and really rock it out.  Sometimes life just pops up and gets in the way and we have to make choices.  The choice not to participate is what’s best for me and my family this year. 

I will still be doing the Principal 5K at the Des Moines marathon in October and hoping I can still get into the Color Run in early October.  Who knows what other cheaper, local races will pop up that I can be a part of.  I’m hoping there are plenty more.   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you MUST do the color run. did it this weekend in NYC and it was the most fun thing i have ever done. ppl walk, run, bring kids, wear their old wedding dress etc and end with an awesome dance party! buy a ticket on craigslist and DO IT!!!