Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The challenge


Principal issued a challenge to all its employees this spring to participate in a 5K race.  They are offering run/walk groups each month, training for 5K, ½ and full marathons.  I’ve heard a lot of people talk about it and sound excited.  I think it’s great that they are encouraging people to get moving.  You don’t have to run the entire 5K, just participate.  Walk or jog at your own pace.  It’s simple.  In return you get a cool t-shirt and I have to say I love it.  It is pictured below and reads “life is not lived on the couch”.  Very true.  I will proudly wear this shirt when I do the Principal 5K in October.  Rock on! Are you participating in any races this year?  What’s your activity goals for the summer?  Share with me people. 



I didn’t do warrior last night.  My tummy hurt all day and it was hot as all get out.  When my husband got home from an hour in the 100+ temps he looked like he had got beat with a leaking rubber hose.  I knew I made the right decision to go to the gym for an hour and a half instead.  I will be at Warrior tomorrow night and hopefully can make it through the grueling heat. 

I can already tell this week is going to go slowly.  I’m anxiously counting down to Friday.  I will be heading back to Cresco to host my sister’s bachelorette party on Saturday night.  The theme is 80’s throwback prom and my dress is perfectly hideous.  But not as awesome as the one we are making her wear.  Hee hee.  Pictures to come next week.  Anyway, I’m really looking forward to a great night with some of my favorite ladies in the world.  The next two weeks will be a whirlwind of activity traveling home this weekend and then again on Wednesday for the wedding on Saturday.  Please pray I lose an inch off my chest in the next week so I can breathe comfortably in the dress at the wedding.  What? A girl can dream.  Have a super week.  Shine and be brilliant! 

No comments: