Monday, July 9, 2012

Fate


What a weekend.  I couldn’t have asked for a better one.  I was so spoiled by gifts, well-wishes, food and friends that came to my birthday party.  I’m so tired today I can barely see straight but it was worth every minute of it!  I even had surprise appearances from dear cousins that drove a long way to celebrate.  So to everyone that traveled near and far to hang out in the 110 degree heat of my backyard and laugh together, thank you!



The weekend was made very special by two of my Biggest Loser Resort friends that went above and beyond to shower me with love and make my birthday celebration so very special.  I’ve often talked about all the lessons I learned at the resort and people love to ask me what my favorite part was.  Of course having someone do all my cooking, a maid, world class trainers on hand and the Malibu sunshine were great, but hands down the most amazing and rewarding part of my experience was the friendships I made.  The people that will forever be in my heart and life now that helped me survive and thrive while I was gone.  And they still stand beside me today offering me love and support at every turn.  Liya and Wendy, there are no words that I can muster to show my gratitude for your smiles, positive attitudes, kind words, heart and generosity.  I don’t know what I would do without the two of you and I am so glad to know that fate brought you into my life in April to make my world a better place.  I love you dearly and can’t wait to see you both again soon.  Wendy, I hope you enjoyed Iowa as much as Iowa enjoyed having you here.  

No comments: