Thursday, July 19, 2012

Discount


It’s Thursday and I am definitely looking forward to a nice, relaxing weekend at home! Per the norm these days, it’s been hot as hell and my body is not loving the outside workouts.  Last night at Warrior was brutal.  We warmed up with a half mile jog then did three single, two double and one triple suicide in the sand.  I really need to get a picture of our “sandbox” which is the size of a sand volleyball court or larger and we run it the long way.  After our legs turned to jelly we moved on to kettlebell and plate workouts including atomic burpees which are even more even than they sound.  We did four minute segments of four exercises with a run into between each set, then finished with a walk lap which was joyous.  I’m still feeling sand in my tennis shoes today.  Next week we are going to be doing less strength training and more mileage.  Oh what a terrible thought that is seeing how my foot is not a fan of running these days.  Oh well.  What’s a girl to do?  Slow and steady.  Left foot, right foot until I collapse, just like the Eminem song.  I should pull that up on my playlist right now and get all pumped up.    

I desperately need to get swimming.  The triathlon is only 7 weeks away and I have logged zero hours in the pool and only 1 on a bike.  Ugh! Why is summer so chaotic?  Looks like this weekend will be spent doing a little bit of both.  Last year I trained hard for the tri for almost five months.  Now I’m down to seven weeks and totally slacking?  Bad, bad Lyndee!! 

I’ve had a few people inquire about going to Biggest Loser Resort; what it entails, costs, which location I suggest, etc.  I have good news for those of you interested in going that would like to save some money.  They have a referral program and if you mention my name and that I referred you when booking your stay, you get a $100 discount. 

No comments: