Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday super fun day!

It’s Sunday.  An emotional morning saying goodbye to some dear friends.  Jenn Canada that has been in my group and my hiking partner in crime for the last two weeks left.  As did my dear friend Wendy.  It was hard to say goodbye to these amazing and strong ladies and other members of our breakfast posse.  I had a good weigh in and lost some more this week.  No, I’m not telling the numbers from here on out.  I want the grand total to be a surprise when I get back on the 29th.  Go ahead and make your guesses on what you think it might be.  Hey, that could be a fun game.  If you want to guess how much I will lose in the 28 days I’m here, post it on our facebook page, Send Lyndee & Molly to Biggest Loser Season 10, or here on the blog. 

This morning another “Year of You” winner that lives in the area came to pick me up.  Rob, thank you so much for the tour of Biggest Loser ranch.  It was so much fun! I got to see where all the magic happens.  Pretty awesome feeling walking up the stairs to the Biggest Loser gym.  I posted some fun pictures below.  After my tour I met up with some of my friends from my days in LA for lunch.  It was so wonderful to see them and catch up.  I was a little nervous about going out to eat but I did well.  We went to BJ’s. For my Midwest readers, think something like Applebee’s or Raccoon River Brewery.  I ordered the Mahi Mahi & Hawaiian rice bowl off of the enlightened menu for around 500 calories, even though the 1400 calorie burger and fries looked really good in the picture.  I did splurge and have a diet coke with my meal.  There is no caffeine here at the resort so I felt like quite a rebel.  It tasted different than I remembered.  It was soooo sweet.  Totally crazy.  Thinking I will definitely be kicking the pop habit.  Too much sugar and bad sweeteners for my body to handle right now.  Did I mention how awesome it was to catch up with my friends?  *sigh* Love them to pieces.  I had to make sure we took some pictures since it was the first time I’ve worn something other than workout clothes or a swimsuit in two weeks.  It was fun to get “dressed up”.  Ha! 

I can’t believe my time here is half over.  It’s gone so fast but yet at the same time, it feels like I’ve been here forever.  I am really starting to miss home and my loved ones, even though I’m having a great time out here.  I’m looking forward to week three.  My body feels like it is healing up and getting more accustomed to the workouts every day.  I look forward to pushing it to the limit this week and seeing what personal bests I can set for myself.  I’m still enjoying obeying trainer Cameron’s “always finish what you start” and “never give up” mantra.  It is rewarding to know that I will take that with me forever.  There is no quit anymore, no matter how hard it gets.  It’s a wonderful feeling.  Hope everyone had a phenomenal weekend like I did.  Oh, and to all my wonderful family, friends and co-workers that have sent me cards, letters and emails of encouragement…you guys rock my world.  You will never know the joy and strength that comes with your kind words. 




No comments: