Saturday, April 21, 2012

On top of the world

Well, I have officially wrapped up week three here at Biggest Loser Fitness Ridge.  One week to go.  I can’t believe how fast it has gone by and how much I have learned.  Each week I feel stronger than the one before, even when I think I have maxed out my capabilities.  That’s the magic of this place and the human body.  Just when you think you can’t, you realize that, indeed, you can.  It’s not the physical joy that I have found so overwhelming here; it’s the emotional battles that I have won.  The mental clarity and confidence I have found.  I have found myself again and realized I love Lyndee.  She kind of kicks ass.  I have continued to fulfill my promise of “be fearless” and it has made each day amazing. 

Friday we hiked in some pretty intense heat at Malibu Springs.  I was literally dripping sweat with every step but I kept pushing up Mama Jama and some other, um, super fun hills.  The fog prevented the view of the ocean but as you can see from the pictures below, it was a beautiful view anyway. I felt like I was on top of the world.  Sorry about the black and white, somehow I reset my camera settings and my brain was too hot to figure out how to turn it off.  How odd to come off of one of the trails and see a car parked in the middle of nowhere with an Iowa State University sign on it.  No joke.  Not sure what they were doing in the middle of Malibu Springs but it was kind of cool to see a little piece of home.  Suffered a slight bit of heat stroke and sickness which messed up my fun Friday afternoon but apparently I needed the rest.  Today I hiked Zuma Beach again.  Loved it, per usual. 

I spent the afternoon shopping with my friend Andrea.  We found a wonderful outfit for my big reveal party on the 29th.  I can’t wait to show up in it and see everyone’s reaction! And it was super exciting to find out what size I am now.  Who would’ve thought that size would ever zip up on me?  Not this girl.  Can’t deny it brought a pretty proud smile to my face.  Thank goodness Andrea is way better at fashion and girly things than I am.  I can barely even spell accessories and she was all over finding me wonderful ones.  It was so wonderful to spend the afternoon with her.  I love when you can spend years living across the country from each other but once you’re together, it’s like you never missed a beat. 






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U look incredible babe. :)

Yesenia said...

You are looking great! Congratulations on your accomplishments Lyndee!