Thursday, November 8, 2012

Strong again


Yesterday was a good day.  In fact, one of the best I’ve had in months. I managed to get in three great workouts and did well on my food.  I went to the gym at work over lunch and did 2 miles of cardio, joined Molly for a Turbo Fire workout after work and then headed to Runnells for an hour long, and final, Warrior session.  Todd spared no punches to make our final workout one of the hardest yet.  For example, towel pushes.  Have you ever done these? This was my first time and may possibly be one of my least favorite moves ever.  You have to go in a bear crawl position and push a towel the long way across the wrestling mat, from wall to wall.  It stops and sticks and doesn’t move very well to put it mildly. I was cursing, dripping sweat and sometimes falling to my knees when my towel came to a sudden stop.  You had to go from wall to wall and then sprint back to your partner, then wall sit while they did the same.  My poor partner Kara had to wall squat the entire time I tried to push that stupid towel across the mat.  I’m sure her legs are burning today! There was eight band exercises that we did in sets of 10, 9, 8, 7, 6 and 5 reps, kettle bells and tons of cardio including running, mountain climbers, burpees, bear crawls, jumping rope…you name it.  I remember in high school watching the wrestlers run laps around the wrestling room and thinking how weird it was.  After running probably close to 100 laps around the wrestling room last night, I have a new found respect for what they were doing.  That crap is no joke.  According to my fitbit I had over 15,000 steps yesterday and went nearly 7 miles.  I had one of the best burns I have had in weeks and it felt good to fall into bed last night completely exhausted. 

Tonight after work I have my session with Scott and Molly at Aspen.  My arms are already sore so that should be interesting.  The point is, I felt great last night. I felt strong again and it was nice.  I feel good today knowing that I rocked it out yesterday.  I’m hoping I can get back into the habit of doing that daily.  It’s nice to feel proud.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this blog entry -- very motivating -- what a difference a day can make!