Wednesday, November 28, 2012

2013 race challenge


Molly had a great idea to get us motivated and give us some goals for 2013.  We’re going to challenge ourselves to do one run a month for the entire year, finances permitting.  Yes, I realize I live in Iowa and the first three races could be in potential blizzards or snow storms but I figure that will just make the rest of the years races seem that much better.  Right? This gives us something great to train for and the big prize?  November’s race looks to be a half marathon in Puerto Rico.  Yes, you read that right.  We’re hoping to go to San Juan and participate in the Diva Marathon on November 10th.  I figure if I’m going to train for a half, I might as well do it somewhere spectacular. And it’s a great trip away with the girls to celebrate our friend Sandy’s birthday.  So lace up those running shoes, people! There are many races to choose from.  We have a few friends that have already said they would love to join us on this goal each month and the more the merrier!  Get out and get moving!!! 

1 comment:

Juanita Thompson said...

This sounds amazing!! January will be the toughest month to find a race, but I'm sure there are a few out there. What an awesome goal.