Friday, June 15, 2012

Notes


It’s funny sometimes how things happen right when you need them to.  Call it the hand of god, mystery of the universe, fate or whatever it is that you believe in…it happens all the time.  Every day I am grateful that I took the time to enter a contest that I never thought I would win, but I did and it changed my life.  And each day my Biggest Loser resort experience gives me strength.  My Friday morning weigh-in didn’t make me happy this morning.  I lost since Tuesday, but not as much as I wanted and it made me a little sad.  Who wants to be sad on a Friday?  Not this girl! But I was a bit disappointed that I didn’t hit my target for the week.  I told myself, I’m not going to let this ruin my day.  I have a wonderful weekend with family ahead.  I was getting ready to leave for work and when I was putting some things in my purse, I noticed a piece of yellow paper sticking out.  I had no idea what it was.  I pulled it out and lo and behold, it was a page of notes I had jotted down while at BLR.  It was from my breakthrough day on the elliptical when Katina was encouraging us to forgive and move forward and be stronger.  I read it over and over and smiled.  It was just what I needed this morning.  I had no idea I still had the paper but there it was, somehow fighting its way to the top of my over-sized purse because something in the universe knew I needed to read it at that moment.  I figured I would share these words of wisdom that changed my attitude weeks back and again this morning, just in case someone out there needs a gentle reminder of how awesome they are today.

*Give yourself permission to be excellent
*When you forgive you free a prisoner and that prisoner is you
*Be harder on yourself at the gym and easier on yourself between the ears
*You are worth every minute
*Others judgment will no longer dictate my self-worth
*I am strong
*I am loveable
*The only difference between fat and fit is “I”
*Why settle?  

Today I will love myself completely, be proud of my small victories, knowing they are leading me to greater things and revel in the fact that I am strong and excellent.  I will shine and be brilliant because that’s what we are all meant to do.  Yes, that means you too.  





No comments: