Thursday, March 8, 2012

Who knew?


I may be short but I have big feet.  Size 10.  Weird combo, right?  Last night after our workout, Molly and I went shopping to find me some hiking/trail running shoes.  Doesn’t sound too tough but it was. I had done my research online and quickly ruled out hiking boots as they were super expensive and seemed like a clunky option for 8 mile hikes through the mountains and beaches of California.  I did find stores that offered trail running shoes that were in the right price range.  There weren’t a lot of choices but some looked to be a good match…until we got to the stores and realized that they didn’t carry many in stock. They could be ordered online and delivered in 10-14 days.  Well, I leave in 24 days and I need some time to “break them in”.  The other problem?  Not a lot of size 10’s are sitting in boxes in the store.  It was frustrating to say the least!  But alas, we found some Nike Air trail runners that I think will work just perfectly.  They are pretty bad ass, if I do say so myself.  We were so excited to find shoes that worked, we treated ourselves to some frozen yogurt at Orange Leaf to celebrate.  Yummy! 



Also, I want to say thank you to everyone that has been sending me such wonderful emails and encouragement.  Co-workers, other employees of The Principal that I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting and my family.  I couldn’t be more blessed!  Seriously, look at some of the amazing things people are writing me! I won’t put all of them in here but these are a few snippets that really touched my heart. 

“First off – CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   What great accomplishments you have made!!!  I really needed to read this – especially your comment about being as busy as the next person as that is my #1 excuse.  I’m too busy – when could I possibly ever exercise??  I have wanted to walk at lunch but didn’t figure it would do any good.  I think Monday will be day 1.  So thank you for sharing your story and have a great time at the ranch!!”

“You’ve inspired and will continue to inspire a lot of people to change their own destiny!!  AWESOME work. Can’t wait to read your blog while you’re out in Malibu!!”

“Kudos to you on your journey to being the healthiest, best you can be!  Your current pic is already incredibly beautiful…so I can only imagine the heads you will be turning at your sister’s wedding.  Enjoy your time at the ranch.  You are an inspiration whether someone needs to lose 10 or 100 pounds!”

“Amazing, truly amazing and motivating. I’m going back to the gym today for the first time in a while, so I will keep your story in mind!”

Wow, I was so impressed with your story today on the Principal home page.  I can totally relate to your struggle..as I am battling trying to lose weight…but have joined weight watchers and am starting to exercise, but it is really hard!  I loved that you shared your story, it was very inspiring. “

“Looking at the two photos of you—it does not look like the same person!!! You look great!!!!! I hope that a lot of people read your story and truly get inspired, I know I am!!”

“Lyndee......Congratulations and Thank you for all you are doing for yourself to be a healthier person.  You are a role model for me on how I look at life.......positive and determined to enjoy every minute I am given as I strive to be the best person I can be!  I am still working on it, but know we are all big winners, because we have each other to rely on!“

“While you may not know who I am but like others I send this email in support of your journey.  I am very proud that you have accomplished some of your goals and that you have embarked on great things as well.  While some people start the journey and then give up, you have decided to continue and never give up.  While I am sure it was very hard and not an easy task, I wanted to personally let you know that I am very proud of you, although you don’t know who I am.  I hope you continue to set your mind and goals and keep accomplishing them.  And again great job on your great accomplishment and greater accomplishments that are in store for you.”

“Oh my gosh this brought tears to my eyes!  I’M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!  You are AMAZING! – I’m glad everyone else in the world is learning this about you and Molly as well!!” 

No comments: