Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Unexpected Guest


Last night I had a surprise visit from reality.  A simple phone call from my five year old nephew, Jake, telling me how much he is going to miss me, he loves me and hopes I come back from Biggest Loser.  He says in his sweet little voice, “can’t you come over and see me?”  If only he wasn’t three hours away, I probably would’ve drove over, hugged him with all my might and cuddle with him while he slept the night away.  I have been so caught up in excitement for my trip.  It brings me deep joy every time it crosses my mind, which is pretty much non-stop.  But last night I got a bit teary-eyed talking to my little man and thinking just how much I am going to miss my family while I’m gone. My step-son will be having a birthday, everyone will gather to celebrate Easter and there are the daily things that bring me joy such as a hug, a kiss or a smile.  Those are the things I will miss the most while I’m gone. 

He was really excited when I talked about skyping with him while I'm gone.  I think that will be so amazing. I can talk to my nephews and nieces, step-kids, family and friends and see the faces I love so much and hear their voices.  Modern technology rocks my socks off.  Now, if I can just figure out how to use it all in my old age.  

So although time and money are tight for the next 26 days, I promised Jake I would come home and see him before I leave.  The next two weeks will be spent packing and moving out of our house so the soonest I can get to my hometown will be the 23rd.  Just one week before my departure.  I’m going to head home and cram in all the possible family time I can.  I hope they are all prepared to have the crap hugged out of them for those few days.  I will pack those hugs and smiles in my heart and take them with me to Malibu.  The days when I feel defeated and exhausted and wonder if I can go on, I will have them there with me and I know I will find the power to keep fighting.  When I return, I will be a stronger, healthier and happier Lyndee that will be around for many more years to come.  And hopefully be an example to them that they can do anything they set their mind too.  I am more than willing to sacrifice one month for that. And yes, Jake, I promise I will come back from Biggest Loser.  April 29th will be here before we know it.    




1 comment:

The Hageman Haus said...

I think we all will share Jake's sentiment. We will look forward to catching you on Skype as well -- great idea!