Friday, October 26, 2012

Warning: Weekend ahead

Good news, we're going back to an evening workout time with Scott.  Very excited about this as getting up at 4 am on Thursday mornings was a bit painful.  And with winter rolling in I'd much rather give the snow plows time to do their duty before I hit the 20 miles of highway each day.

The weekend is upon us and this is always my setback.  I am trying to be prepared for this weekend so it's not my normal disaster.  We are hosting some friends for dinner tonight.  Rob is smoking ribs and I'm searching to find some fun and healthy sides I can pair with it.  Sunday morning we are having his mom over for breakfast rather than hitting the brunch buffet so we can have a bit of control over what we take in.  I'm going to do eggs, bacon, fruit and maybe some rolls.  Much better than the carb and fat, although oh so tasty, brunch buffet at Crauses or Granite City.  Plus it will be cheaper and we won't have to wait in line for a table.  I think it's so cool that our mom's have the same birthday. I wish mine could come for breakfast as well but that 3 1/2 hour drive kind of puts a damper on that idea.  *sigh* Guess I will just have to wait until next weekend to see my Mom and give her a big birthday hug.  Have you hugged your mom today?  If you can, do it, for all of those that can't.  Squeeze away! Have a wonderful weekend.  Remember to shine and be brilliant.

No comments: