Tuesday, October 2, 2012

It's a cruel world

While I am not a public figure by any means, people around Des Moines and at Principal recognize my face from the stories on Channel 13, Des Moines Register and Q Magazine. Some people, like you awesome readers, still follow my blog.  I have had numerous instances where I have been judged because I wasn't losing weight fast enough or because I've gained back 10 pounds or maybe they just don't like my story.  And that's fine.  To each their own.  If you don't like my story, don't read it.  That's pretty simple.  But this story that Melody shared with me today REALLY hit home for me and I wanted to share it with all of you.  I don't live in a bubble, I realize the world is not roses and cotton candy.  I realize that many people look down on fat people.  I know that obesity is a preventable disease. I get all that. But the way in which some information or opinions are delivered are just beyond me some days.  I love the message that Jennifer has for everyone in this clip. Please, take a few minutes and watch/listen.  Think about what you are teaching your children.  Think about this in situations of bullying for so many ridiculous reasons, besides weight.  Think before you say something offensive in front of others.  Think about other people's feelings.  Just think, shine and be brilliant.  For today, that's all I ask of you.


No comments: