Monday, February 13, 2012

Be Prepared

It shouldn’t surprise anyone that knows me well to hear that I’ve already started packing for my trip.  I’ve sorted my workout clothes into “fits currently”, “a bit too snug right now” and “this will be great in 20 pounds” piles.  I’ve got a list of things to pack that seems to grow every day.  It started as the general recommended packing list from BLR and has grown exponentially.  It’s amazing the things we use in a one month span.  And knowing that I will not have a car or quick access to any stores, this girl has got to think ahead.  Luckily, I’m a big fan of the Boy Scout motto “Be Prepared” and I almost always am.  So the list is long and that’s fine.  But what’s hard is packing for the end of the trip.  I have no idea what size I will be mid-April.  I certainly can’t guess what I will be by the day I leave Malibu and return to Iowa.  It would be nice to have some clothes on that actually fit when I show up for my big reveal on the 29th.  I might have to take a pair of my too small jeans and some shirts with me.  And if I slide right by those sizes while I’m gone, I guess I’ll be coming home in draw string yoga pants or begging one of my friends in LA to run me to the closet Old Navy the day before I leave. 
One thing I am so looking forward to though?  A month of living in workout clothes! Hooray!  They are the most comfortable things in the world.  Sorry work, but no business casual for me for 30 days! Just comfy clothes, swimsuits and my tennis shoes.  *sigh* It will be glorious, even if these clothes are drenched in sweat, dirt, blood and tears every day.  That’s just fine by me. 

No comments: