Monday, January 28, 2013

Race 1...DONE!

Well, it wasn't pretty but Molly and I did it. Our first race of 13 for 2013.  It was terribly cold at a mere 10 degrees.  The foot was pretty sore and our time wasn't great but we finished like champs and number one is complete.  The others that were supposed to join us wimped out from the cold but it didn't stop us! The rest will seem like a breeze compared to the 5K we did on Saturday.  Just for the record, it is hard to walk when you're in 4 layers of clothing! I felt like the kid from "The Christmas Story" all bundled up like the Michelin Man.  But it was fun to get out and get moving together.  Next up is the Red Flannel run in Des Moines February 16th.  We have a great group of people joining us for that and it should be a lot of fun. I also thought it was pretty cool that we're doing 13 races in 2013 and my number was 133. Coincidence? I think not.  This year is going to rock.




No comments: