Monday, May 19, 2014

No good, nasty migraine

I’m getting my butt kicked in fitbit steps this week. Not just, oh shoot, I’m not in first.  But I’m in 5th!  5th?! Can you believe it. I can’t. I get so irritated when I look at the leaderboard.  I woke up last Monday at 4 am with a migraine.  Wednesday I went to the doctor and they gave me some shots but that didn’t help much.  Thursday I went to my amazing chiropractor Doctor Brett and that made a huge difference.  Friday I studied some stress reduction techniques. Glad to say, the pain has been gone for a  few days now.  But alas, I was not able to romp and run and play like I normally would last week and it has kicked me down the leaderboard.  So this week I will have to push really hard to get back on top. 

On a funny note, when I was in a meeting Thursday my pants fell off.  Not all the way off, thank god.  But they slide a good few inches down my booty when I went to stand up.  The fact that a small child could’ve crawled in my waistband with all the extra room I had in there should’ve been my first sign when I got dressed that morning.  So this weekend I went and bought a new pair of dress pants and put the others in my “too big” tote.  Two exciting things to note about the new pants.  I got them on clearance for $5.  Score.  Also, they are many sizes smaller than the ones I had to donate to the fat pants tote.  I haven’t been in this size since I returned from Biggest Loser and I’m looking forward to these pants getting bigger too.  That 20 year class reunion is slowly crawling closer and closer so I have to keep my focus keen. Right now I weigh about the same as I weighed when I graduated.  I want to be much smaller by the time August 2nd rolls around. 


It’s supposed to be beautiful and warming up this week here in the tall corn state so I plan to make the most of the great outdoors and get my fitness on.  I was hoping to try a new class at the Y on Wednesday night too but it’s going to have to wait until next week.  This Wednesday is a big night for the Hagebakke family.  My Uncle Mark and I will be giving out a scholarship to a wrestler in Dallas Center-Grimes in honor of the Kirk Hageman Memorial Fund.  It warms my heart to know that his legacy will live on through others that loved the sport of wrestling as much as he did.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're an inspiration! keep up the great work!