Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Legacy

This is what I call bliss! Got to the Y and had the entire basketball court to myself. Well, for about 15 minutes anyway. Glorious! 

Happy birthday to my favorite trainer in the world today. Miss you, Boss, Scott, crazy man. 

Today we had a speaker at work. If you don't know the story of Ed Thomas, the Parkersburg tornadoes, his murder by a former student and the legend of the Sacred Acre, stop reading this immediately and check it out. His son Aaron spoke today. It was one of the most inspirational 90 minutes of my life. I laughed, I cried, I was inspired. If, when my time on earth is over, I could leave .000000000001 iota of the legacy that Ed Thomas did, I will have lived a wonderful life. One take away was life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it. Also, attitude. Everyday you wake up and you control your attitude. Will you be positive and live a life that inspires other? Or will you be negative or be a victim? Do you live with passion and desire? Do you utilize love, kindness and faith? Do you play all four quarters? Or quit when the going gets tough? Whether it's your work, family, health or community involvement, you control your attitude and effort. Don't waste precious time and energy on negativity. What will your legacy be? 

No comments: