Tuesday, December 4, 2012

First time ever

I went to the gym last night after work. It was an internal debate whether to take advantage of 60 degree weather in Iowa in December or really pound it out on the treadmill.  The treadmill won.  Yesterday was my friend Kelly Jo's first day at Biggest Loser Resort.  She is the last of the 10 of us Biggest Loser Year of You winners that get to spend a month at the resort.  It's amazing that 2012 is almost over. I can't believe it.  Seems like a lifetime ago I was in Malibu.  Anyway, I decided in her honor, and because I haven't been pushing to the brink lately, that I would do a mountain class on the treadmill, BLR style.  It was a butt kicker!  After that I did my 100 sit-ups for my Week 1 fitness challenge.  Then 50 squats.  I was going to finish my squats when I got home but we had some drama and a car accident that pretty much derailed the night at the Hugen Casa.  Luckily, my step-daughter is ok but my car is not.  But the strangest thing happened as I fought back tears and tried to figure out what we were going to do without my car, I didn't reach for food.  This may be the first time EVER.  In fact, I was so upset, I was hardly hungry even though it was 9:30 at night before we finally got around to eating dinner.  I'm usually ravenous around 6 pm.

So I still have 50 squats to finish before Thursday.  The cardio and sit-ups are done. I'm hoping to finish tonight since I'm leaving for Chicago on Wednesday for work and I'm pretty sure that sit-ups will be the last thing on my mind while we're filming.  I am, however, packing some workout clothes and hope to make it to the hotel gym for a little while while we're gone.  I googled the Hard Rock's amenities and this gym looks good to me!  It's a 24 hour fitness center and they call it the Body Rock.  Guess I will have no choice but to "rock" it out.  Ha!

No comments: