Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lead us not into temptation

Dear gods of fat and calories, please be on my side in the next few weeks.  Today is food day at work.  It’s gonna be a doozy.  By 7 am there was already taco rollups, seasoned pretzels, almond bark pretzels, cookies, cucumber sandwiches, little smokies, taco cheese ball, bagels, pickle wrap dip and the list goes on.  Not even half the team is here yet.  Yikes.  Tomorrow they are catering in lunch.  This weekend we head to my parents for Christmas with my siblings, nieces and nephews.  There is never a shortage of food at my mothers.  Word on the street is she’s baking for 5 days straight.  God forbid we run out of cookies and goodies on her endless tray of love.  Next Wednesday is our team holiday party with lunch at Bravo Italiano.  Then home again for two more Christmas’s and then back to Indianola for Christmas Eve morning breakfast extravaganza at Mama Linda’s.  The thought of all the parties and food temptations that will be in front of me in the next few weeks just about makes the button bust off my jeans.

Some things I’m going to try to practice:

Moderation-there will be cookies consumed but this is where will power comes into play so that it’s not a dozen!

Keep moving-walking, dancing, football, chasing the kids.  Anything but stuffing my face and then sitting on the couch. 

Plate party-using a smaller plate so it looks full, helps control portions and making sure there is some healthy alternatives like the veggie and fruit trays on there.  

No comments: