Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The early bird gets the worm

They say the early bird gets the worm and I hope that is true.  As long as the worm is in the form of a steady weight loss.  Thursday Molly and I begin our 5:30 am sessions with Scott at Aspen.  It will be a change for us from our normal Tuesday night slot after 2 years but I'm looking forward to it.  I can't think of a better way to start my Thursday mornings.  Well, ok, maybe I could think of some more relaxing ways to start a morning but nonetheless, this will be good.

Had Warrior training last night. There were lots of new faces running around and following Todd's orders.  I'm looking forward to continuing that training on Monday nights and hopefully a few Wednesdays here and there, as my schedule allows.  I had planned to go to the gym tonight but it's so beautiful out I'm tempted to take my workout outside and enjoy what is probably a dwindling amount of sunny days here in Iowa.

I spent a lot of time on the phone last night and came away with two very important thoughts from two separate calls.  They may seem contradictory but in these situations, they are not.

One, take care of yourself and listen to your body! Know when enough is enough and be smart.  Dad, I love you and I'm glad that you are not being a stubborn ass or typical male and can admit when you need to slow down...finally.  Did I mention that I love you?  I can't wait to see you soon.

Secondly, go for it.  No matter what it is.  If you have a dream, be persistent.  Be smart.  Don't let anyone tell you that it can't be done. Dream, chase it and dream again.  That is what makes life worthwhile.  Others may not get what you are up to but if you believe in your heart that is what is meant to be, give it all you got and never regret that you gave it a shot.  Like I always say, shine and be brilliant.

No comments: