Monday, September 17, 2012

Runs can be fun!!


Saturday night I went to a birthday party for a dear friend.  This was anything but typical and we had a blast! She went above and beyond in organizing an amazing night.  When RSVP’ing for the party you could opt for a 1 mile fun run or a short group walk.  Rob and I opted for the fun run.  When we arrived for “packet pick-up” we received a race bib, swag bag including pamphlets, a raygun t-shirt designed for the race, cowbell and healthy snacks.  We then took an adult Gatorade shot.  There was a beautiful rendition of national anthem sung before we started the race.  It wasn’t competitive but a great way to get everyone together and active before an evening of food, drinks and cake.  There was a also a band if you wanted to sweat away some more pounds dancing.  This was such a neat idea.  Teresa has been a key motivator, mentor and friend to Molly and I so I was honored to share in her special night. 

 Tomorrow night I start with Scott again. I am so excited!! I have missed the crap out of my Tuesday night workouts with Scott and Molly.  And I’m looking forward to having that accountability of weekly weighins again.  Weird, I know.  I may also be doing the fall warrior program on Monday and Wednesdays as my schedule allows. I have a couple big projects in the work that will require much of my free time but I would love to continue to train with Todd and his band of warriors too.  One can never have too much fitness or great friends around them.  We had a group outing on Friday to celebrate our wrapping up of the summer program and it was a lot of fun. 

Remember to tune into Channel 13 WHO-TV tomorrow night for the Warrior Workout of the Week with Erin and Sonya.  We taped this a few weeks ago and I can’t wait to see the piece and for everyone to watch what Warrior is all about.  

No comments: