Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Checking out LIfetime

Last night Audra and I went with Molly as her guests to the new monstrosity that is Lifetime Athletic Club in Des Moines.  Here’s a picture if you haven’t seen it yet. 



It was a bit mind boggling to say the least.  This thing needs its own map! Don’t get me wrong, it’s a very nice facility with state of the art everything.  I’m just not used to all the perks of a health club like that and the people in suits and the fanciest locker rooms ever.  We did a class called TCX.  It’s described as “Athletic and intense, TCX features an ever-changing series of intelligent progressions that hit every muscle group”.  And hit every muscle group it did! There were a lot of lunges, planks, mountain climbers, burpees, etc.  We used the step, hand weights, yoga mat and a weighted ball.  My legs and arms were jello the rest of the night.  Which is a good thing. Today my arms still kind of hate me.  Tonight Audra and I are going to do Insanity at the Y so I hope my muscles will rally. 


Also, mad props to my Auntie M who is kicking all of our butts on the Fitbit steps friend list.  The girl went and got a new Flex and has been hammering it out every day.  You rock! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the fitbit props!! Catch me if you can!! :)

Anonymous said...

I'd join for the pool... looks cool from the road.