Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Don't quit!

Today's theme? Yeah, the title totally blew that game, didn't it?  Don't quit! I'm having one of those weeks were bad news abounds and good news is scarce. My brain is on overdrive and my heart is anxious and heavy. It would be so easy to let the happenings of life pull me under.  But I can't quit.  And neither can you!! Or you my dear friend who dared to speak that word out loud to me this morning regarding all the success you are considering throwing away.  Whether it's diet, exercise, work, a relationship or life in general.  Be a soldier! Pull up your big girl panties and keep on fighting!

Some of you may not know, but I am a poet. I've been writing poetry since I could form words.  Poetry has always been my therapy. It makes me happy to write and to read.  Here is one of my all time favorite poems. I could read it 10 times a day and never get sick of it.  It always inspires me and I'm sharing it with you.

Don't Quit
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will, 
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill, 
When the funds are low and the debts are high, 
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, 
When care is pressing you down a bit, 
Rest, if you must, but don't you quit.

Life is queer with its twists and turns, 
As every one of us sometimes learns, 
And many a failure turns about, 
When he might have won had he stuck it out; 
Don't give up though the pace seems slow-- 
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than, 
It seems to a faint and faltering man, 
Often the struggler has given up, 
When he might have captured the victor's cup, 
And he learned too late when the night slipped down, 
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out-- 
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, 
And you never can tell how close you are, 
It may be near when it seems so far, 
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-- 
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit.


No comments: