Thursday, January 9, 2014

Oldies but goodies

Last night a dear friend and I were talking and she told me for the zillionth time how much she hates the treadmill.  But it’s Iowa and it’s colder than a you know what out there right now.  She is determined to get her 10,000 steps every day so she uses the treadmill over her lunch and some nights, she just walks around the house, up and down the stairs, chasing or cleaning up after her young children for an hour until she hits her steps.  I think she’s awesome.  I was trying to think of how I could help her. I too have gone through periods where I would rather sledgehammer the treadmill than walk on it.  Then I remembered the two awesome classes at Biggest Loser Fitness Ridge that had me so focused on the time, intervals and beating myself that I was more than happy to be on the treadmill or elliptical.  I’ve posted these before.  You guessed it: Treading and Mountain class!!!  If you are adding some steps or workouts to your 2014 resolutions but are already bored beating the belt to nowhere, then try these! I guarantee the time will fly by and you will get a great workout in.  

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for this my Sweetheart! I'll give it a try. It's got to be better than the steady rhythm of just running for 3 miles. Love ya!