Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Speedo, no no.

I was so psyched to go to pool class last night…and then I got home.  We bought a new house and moved last week.  I was sick this weekend so I didn’t get all the unpacking done that I wanted.  Last night I get home from work to change and head to the Y. I know my swimsuit is in a bag, instead of a tote.  I placed it purposely in that bag with my pajamas and some jeans so I would know where they were.  I can’t find the bag anywhere.  I look all over our room.  Tear through the walk-in closet. Even check the garage.  Nothing.  I go through each box and bag in my room and the closet again.  Ugh! It’s 15 minutes until class starts.  This would’ve been an easy excuse to skip the workout but I didn’t want an excuse.  I wanted to get my muscles aching. I find a bag that has odds and ends swimsuit pieces in it.  I had to piece something together.  I grab some bottoms and a top.  The bottoms are a bit snug and the top is falling off of me but they are the only ones that even remotely match and I don’t want to look like a total hobo.  I throw my sports bra on under the top just to be safe, which proved to be one of the best decisions I’ve made in 2014 so far because when swimsuit material gets wet, it gets loose.  Lesson learned.


Class is being held in three lanes of the competitive pool.  The other lanes are full of high school boys warming up for their swim meet an hour later.  Now, I’m from a small town and we didn’t have a swim team when I was growing up but holy hell was this a disturbing situation.  I don’t enjoy seeing anyone in a speedo. Not even my love, LL Cool J.  Frankly, I think they should be outlawed.  But here I am in pool class surrounded by high school boys in speedos.  And some of them were wearing white ones.  What the hell?!?!?  Who thinks that is a good idea?  On the upside, I wasn’t worried anymore about looking like a hobo in my mismatched, falling out the top and bottoms so tight they began sliding down a few times, outfit.  At least I wasn’t wearing a speedo.  Other than that, class was awesome.  My muscles were twitching and the abs were on fire.  I’m so glad that I made the effort to go.  Before bed I began emptying a few totes in our closet.  Low and behold, on top of the shoe shelf, hidden by my hubby’s hanging clothes, was a bag…the special bag with my swimsuit in it.  I went to bed feeling victorious and happy knowing that I will be able to locate my normal swimsuit with ease for Friday night and Saturday morning classes.  Hooray, me! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was so sure this story was going in a much different, and much more embarassing direction for you... so glad that it did not! I enjoy reading your posts, keep up the great work!