Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Resolutions

I was thinking last night, as I went to bed, that I needed to write a post about New Year’s resolutions.  This morning I got a comment on a previous post asking if I had any for 2014.  I do! Unlike previous years, I’m not making a list of huge, mind-boggling and somewhat daunting resolutions. Although I’m thinking another sprint triathlon may be in my future.  But this year I’m doing a list of small resolutions that I can work on all year long.  Really basic stuff that is easy to forget but key to success. I’ve been doing well the last few months and have climbed back on track.  It’s a nice feeling.  I want that feeling to continue and I think these things will help me do just that. 

1. Log my food.  Every morsel.  There’s no reason not to.  Apps like myfitnesspal, fitbit and loseit make it so easy.
2. Make Lyndee time.  Find the things I enjoy doing like my pool classes and 5K’s with my friends and make time for them, no matter how hectic my schedule may be.    
3. Surround myself with positive and motivating people.  Haters, negative auras and doubters can hit the road. 
4. Try new things that scare me slightly.  This February I will be joining a small group personal training class at work twice a week.  I’m not a big fan of working out with people I don’t know well enough to trust so this will be a big step for me. 
5. Continue to push myself, mentally and physically. Getting new certifications at work? Some masters degree classes? Trying a new class at the Y? Doing a 10K? 
6. Run more.
7. Embrace cleaner eating.  I’ve done a pretty good job of this the last two months but I would like to continue this trend and maybe push it a little further. 
8. Continue being a protein maniac.  I’m not carb free but I went from a carb junkie to VERY limited amounts of bread, pasta, rice and sweets and my body definitely feels the difference.  If there’s a seafood or chicken sale at a local grocery store, I will be first in line.  I love tuna, salmon, tilapia, cod, scallops, shrimp, chicken breast…you name it.  There’s so many different ways to make these that your tongue should never get bored. 
9. I’m just over half way to working back off what I had gained back.  Now, I will eliminate that, and continue moving forward.  2014 will be the year of my one-derland and it will feel awesome.

10. Rock a sexy new outfit at my 20 year class reunion this summer.  
11. Write more.  Not just on this blog or testing trendy but finish my book, write more letters to my Grandma, be more consistent with my journal, write more thank you notes.  Writing makes a happy Lyndee. And a happy Lyndee should really be the ultimate resolution every year.  

No comments: