Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Triple threat

It's Tuesday!!! Know what that means? Sculpt class at work over lunch with Melody and then I get to do double classes tonight at the Y.  Wave power and then water sculpt.  Yippee! I love Tuesday and Thursdays triple threat class day.  My arms sometimes hate me about midway through water sculpt but that's okay. They will thank me for it later.

Last night I did the wave power class and I almost left during the warm up. Not because I don't love the class or enjoy the teacher but because it was so dang full! It's hard to get your full cardio on when you are bouncing off of people with every step.  I am glad that I stayed and enjoyed it. I got home in time to make a quick dinner and watch The Voice. I absolutely love Blake Shelton.  That guy cracks me up like nobody's business.  Anyway, when I had first started my journey years ago my awesome and very talented father made me a stepper.  Nothing crazy.  Just a perfect sturdy box with handles that I can use whenever I feel I need some more steps.  I love it because he made it with love to help me along my journey.  It had been sitting in my closet for months.  So last night I pulled it out and sat it in front of my chair with two small dumbbells.  Every commercial break I was stepping and pressing which really adds up during a 2 hour show. It's not only a great way to sneak in some extra exercise but it also takes your mind off of all the terrible commercials that are playing and tempting you with bad food.  Win, win, people, win, win.

No comments: