Monday, February 11, 2013

Dear Stranger


Dear stranger at work that stopped me in the lobby to ask if I was Lyndee and to say that you read my blog and find it motivating, thank you. You have no idea how much I needed that today.  To know that people are still reading and I could still be helping others stay motivated, even when it’s something I’ve been lacking myself, lately.  Thank you for taking the time to say something.  I’m sorry that I didn’t think to ask your name but know that you made my day and motivated me to think about this blog today. 

My cousin that is a journalism major at Drake University asked me the other day if she could interview me for a piece on healthy living.  To be honest with you, my gut dropped when I read the words.  I don't feel like a good example anymore.  I don't know why she would want to use me as a focus on something she's going to be graded on and will be viewable by many Drake students and that community.  Because I love her dearly, I said I would do what I could to help but it also caused me a bit of anxiety to think about.  And then today I was reminded that she asked me for a reason.  Because what I'm going through is real life.  Because a lot of people share my struggles and triumphs in their own daily quests. 

I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching lately and wouldn’t you know, so many of the answers I seek about why I started this in the first place, how far I’ve come, my strengths and who I am, are etched on these pages. Going back and rereading gives me hope and helps to refocus my determination.  I can be strong like that again.  So thank you dear stranger at work for that little reminder today that I so desperately needed.  

No comments: