Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Walk the walk

It's been a while since I've had a great steps day.  I'm doing well at hitting my minimum of 10,000 most days but it's been some time since I felt like I kicked some butt.  Yesterday was one of those days.  Most of my lunch breaks are spent walking the downtown skywalks with my Aunt Melody.  On days our schedules don't mesh, I'm fortunate enough to work for a company that has lots of fitness equipment and classes in their on campus gym.

My home gym fun has been foiled by a rotten roof that leaked into the basement.  But that should be repaired sometime this week.

Summer in Iowa has come to an abrupt end and fall has set in.  To me, there's nothing better than jeans and sweatshirt weather.  Last night Audra and I did a few laps around Copper Creek and it was absolutely perfect out.  Today is supposed to be equally awesome weather-wise.  This weekend I'm trying to round up the troops to head to Ledges State Park and do some hiking and a picnic.  Fingers crossed it doesn't rain so I can finally get my hike on again.  

No comments: