Thursday, November 20, 2014

Check it at the door

I was having one of those mornings where I tried on 18 outfits, hate them all, felt like a heifer and went with a frumpy sweater to conceal my insecurities.  When I was in Vegas last week and the weather was delightful and upper 70's I found myself in short sleeve shirts and in the city of lights and mirrors, was terrified at how un-toned my arms were.  Let's just say, my self-esteem has taken a beating the last week or two.  I think it's the cold that makes me crabby.  Anyway, this morning was one of those mornings where I had lost total perspective on how far I've come.  And then, my timehop app sends me some photos from 5 years ago.  And WOW! I don't even recognize myself in this picture (far right in the black shirt).  I look like I swallowed a basketball and a few small children.  Who was that girl? I mean, I know it's me, but I don't remember looking like that.


This is a more recent picture taken with Audra and I have to say, I've come along way.  

And I'm glad that timehop reminded me of that today.  I think it's something we all need.  No matter how slow you feel like you're going, as long as you're going in the right direction, you are winning! Amen.  Carry on, people.  Have a great weekend.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

agreed... you have been an amazing inspiration. keep up the great work and the posts... thank you!