Monday, October 27, 2014

A Little Lyndee Time

I took a little Lyndee time this weekend.  Packed up some of my dearest friends and we headed to my favorite cabin tucked away in the bluffs of NE Iowa.  We were all looking for a little zen and relaxation and we found just that! On the drive back my face was sore from laughing so hard for three days.  We shared many laughs, made some soups in the crockpot, had a few cocktails, looked at the stars, had a bonfire and we explored the beauty of home, or what I like to call "God's Country".  On Saturday we went to Decorah and hiked up Palisades Park and back down.  What a view!!! We followed that up with some exploring of the Ice Caves and Dunning Springs.  The weather was perfect and so was the company.  It's amazing what some fresh air and beautiful scenery can do for the soul! I returned to Des Moines feeling rejuvenated and focused.  And reminded of how much I love hiking and miss my daily hikes at Biggest Loser in Malibu.

Here are a few pictures from our hike.  They don't really do it justice but it's the best I could get on my iPhone.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you!